Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed XM radio in their TSX, been thinking of adding it once I get the car and was curious about what other people's experiences have been.

·
Registered
6 Posts
XM radio is a waste of money. why are you wanting to pay for something you already get for free.? you can burn music for free off the internet, listen to local radio for free. yet people want to pay. i dont' understand it. i can think of something a lot better to put 10 bucks a month towards. IMO

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
very helpful

very helpful response, I mean if someone was going to ask what people's opinion of a certain color of tsx, woudl your response be, I hate red? I wasn't asking for an opinion on XM radio, I was asking for those who have it to respond.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't comment on XM ... or on a TSX (yet)...

But I jumped the gun on getting my Sirius unit (Audiovox Shuttle) before my TSX arrives.

The FM modulator is not what I was hoping ... hiss, station changes required ...

I'm ordering the SNHOND3 already and will aux input my Sirius unit.

The XM unit that Honda sells is an FM modulated unit and I would anticipate the same problems.

-mj

G

·
I don't think there is an aux input yet for the TSX. I have the Blitzsafe HON-AUX for my TL-S, so potentially that would work. Call Blitzsafe and ask them.

And yes, XM rocks. I couldn't come up with a better way to spend $10 a month.

Chris

G

·
I have XM, had it for 2 years. Love it. I would agree that it is not that useful if you live in a larger city with many FM stations. I have it installed in the compartment below the disk player (mine is w/o nav) so you can't see it unless you want to.

There is a direct input possibility, with snhond3. I currently use FM modulation which is a problem (not been on other cars though) because of alternator wind.

I recommend xm highly, especially if you are a big sports fan.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the Sirius Kenwood unit (the one with the FM modulator) and it was worked pretty good. Here's some pics of it...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/416607

I will probably be cancelling Sirius in the very near future. I have the XM Skyfi unit and am waiting for the FM modulator adapter to come out, since of course, there is no cassette player.
Has anyone else on here mounted the Skyfi in the TSX? Since it needs the cradle, where can I put this thing??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
My favorite part was finding out your actual name. :D

P.S. Great great pics!

Cool that you're into cassettes too.

·
Registered
102 Posts
larchmont said:
My favorite part was finding out your actual name. :D

P.S. Great great pics!

Cool that you're into cassettes too.
Now if there was only a way to find out your name. But I know you've always been mysterious, and that's cool.

I'm not really into cassettes. The SkyFi is an XM radio that needs a cassette player in order to play in your car off the radio with a cassette adapter. But since there isn't one in the TSX it can't be done that way.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
GRAYTSX said:
....I'm not really into cassettes. The SkyFi is an XM radio that needs a cassette player in order to play in your car off the radio with a cassette adapter. But since there isn't one in the TSX it can't be done that way.
:mad:

:p

·
Registered
57 Posts
chris_wtx said:
I don't think there is an aux input yet for the TSX. I have the Blitzsafe HON-AUX for my TL-S, so potentially that would work. Call Blitzsafe and ask them.

And yes, XM rocks. I couldn't come up with a better way to spend $10 a month.

Chris
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/sounsnhond3.html

The aux in adapter from soundgate has been around for at least 9 months

G

·
GRAYTSX - The XM install looks great. The dealership offered this to me but it was $1200. Where did you get it installed and was it complicated? How much?

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts