Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I know that euroR813 was mostly being rhetorical (good word :D ), but what the hey, I took a look at what the company says about it:

AEM pioneered the Cold Air induction system for sport compact cars. Our air induction systems create more power than any other systems of their kind. AEM original Cold Air and most Version2 (V2) induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment for a cooler intake charge, and our Short Ram systems are an economical underhood alternative to our Cold Air systems. We have found that inlet length plays a vital role in the power production of V2 systems and not all V2 induction systems relocate the filter outside of the engine compartment. In these cases, extensive temperature testing was performed to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible (please see our temperature testing procedures on our application page).
Every AEM air induction system is individually tuned in length and diameter, and features the highest standards of construction—we even guarantee them for the life of your vehicle. Every AEM air induction system is either C.A.R.B. exempt, or pending C.A.R.B. exemption (50-state legal).

Short Ram

Key Features:

* Outperform every comparable intake system on the market
* Every system is C.A.R.B. exempt, or pending C.A.R.B. exemption (50-state legal)
* Utilize a complete hardware kit with soft mounts for a guaranteed perfect fit
* Available powdercoated in Blue and Red, and in a mirror-polished finish*
* One-piece, four-layer, cotton-gauze AEM air filter eases installation and features an exclusive air horn design that improves performance
* Comprehensive installation instructions, AEM decals and license plate frame included
* Manufactured and assembled in the USA
* Limited lifetime warranty

BTW.....I didn't see a TSX price (didn't look that hard for it), but judging from the Accord and Integra prices, looks to me like it would be about $120. Which I wouldn't call damn expensive. But wtf do I know.....

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hmmm thanks for you detail information, but AEM short ram in ultrarev, which i found less expensive was $220 + shipping, same as Injen CAI if not more

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Injen CAI is what I will get sooner or later. :) CAI = better gains than SRI.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I'm still waiting for AEM to come out with their CAI before I make my final decision :nod:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
The Injen CAI gets the big :thumbsup: from me :D
I don't see any pics of the Injen CAI on the Injen website. Anybody got some pics of it?

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know CAI gets more air than SRI but i live in FL, and it rains like no other day, plus i want an easy access to it (clean, rain, etc)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
euroR813 said:
i know CAI gets more air than SRI but i live in FL, and it rains like no other day, plus i want an easy access to it (clean, rain, etc)
The CAI gains more HP do to taking cooler air from outside the engine bay, vs. the SRI which pulls warmer air from the engine bay. They both take in the same amount of air, but the colder, the better (more HP).
The problem with the CAI and rain, is that you can hydro lock. So yes, if you live where it rains a lot, the SRI may be the way to go.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Joker said:
The CAI gains more HP do to taking cooler air from outside the engine bay, vs. the SRI which pulls warmer air from the engine bay. They both take in the same amount of air, but the colder, the better (more HP).
The problem with the CAI and rain, is that you can hydro lock. So yes, if you live where it rains a lot, the SRI may be the way to go.
Even if it rains a lot where you live I would not worry about hyro-lock. Just avoid flooded streets and standing water (huge deep puddles). I plan to get an Injen CAI and when it rains it pours here in GA.

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
previously i did have a CAI, and i'm not trying to get another wreckless driving by avoiding puddles, hahaha, but i think its just easy for me to clean, and plus AEM have the shield, and improve the air, so its not as warm as others, of course CAI is better but too much work involves when it comes to cleaning

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
euroR813 said:
previously i did have a CAI, and i'm not trying to get another wreckless driving by avoiding puddles, hahaha, but i think its just easy for me to clean, and plus AEM have the shield, and improve the air, so its not as warm as others, of course CAI is better but too much work involves when it comes to cleaning
Good points. However, I don't think is that hard to clean...on my EP3 I just had to peel back some of the fender well lining and there was the filter. Besides, you shouldn't have to do it that often...maybe ever 7,500-10,000 miles.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
If you go with the K&N CAI, it comes with a drycharger...kinda like a sock for your filter.
Also, if you go with Injen or K&N, you have the option of converting it to a SRI if you don't like the CAI configuration.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
If you go with the K&N CAI, it comes with a drycharger...kinda like a sock for your filter.
Also, if you go with Injen or K&N, you have the option of converting it to a SRI if you don't like the CAI configuration.
Ah, good info! :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
HondaMan said:
Hurry up slacker! ;) I'll come down there and help you install it next week. :D
When your hook up doesn't charge you to use their dyno, you are at their mercy as to when you can get on that bad boy ;)
Joker - who wants to get it done more then anyone :D
BTW, will you be down next week? You know your more then welcome here JP :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts