Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tsx just just got a little more practical. Oh yeah, dont underestimate how fiddly this thing is to put together. I blasted through it without instructions and found out about 3/4s through I had to take it all apart. Read the instructions.

Obligatory sticker...

Teaser for my next project, as I wait for fast brakes to build my kit.....

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Corona,CA
1,525 Posts
Nice dude. That reminds me, I need to fix my vintage shogun lol. watch your paint of your car though. my roof rack scratched up my car =(

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice dude. That reminds me, I need to fix my vintage shogun lol. watch your paint of your car though. my roof rack scratched up my car =(
I was worried about that too, so I made sure all the rubber foot pads were in good shape and I backed the q clips with heavy duty double sided foam tape. Now Im worried about brushing the bike up against the car while Im bringing it up and down. So far no issues.

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey man, i want ur decal as my sig, where'd u get that from? :)
Found it on ebay. It was like $4 shipped.

Looks good where did you pick it up at.
I used the yakima site to find all the part numbers, then I sourced all the parts wholesale on ebay. Still cost me over $400 after you account for the two bike trays and shipping.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts
i lol'd at the title...nice rack

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
what size spacers >? and where did you get em? i need to order me a set soon

·
MH-53e Driver
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what size spacers >? and where did you get em? i need to order me a set soon
The spacers are 20mm rear and 10mm front. They were really cheap on ebay, about 35 shipped a pair. Problem is that they arent hubcentric. I didnt think this was a bad idea until I put them on the car. They fit loosely on the lug nuts causing them not to be centered on the hub. Ive only installed the rears thus far and eyeballed them the best I could, no vibrations yet. I could see where it would be alot more noticeable on the front though. Also, 20mm made my +49 BBS's perfectly flush, but they rub like all hell now. I need to find a fender rolling tool locally.

***pics above are before spacer install***

1 - 16 of 16 Posts