Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had no idea not everyone knows about the handle on the back of the trunk... See the handle on the right hand side of the pic:



So instead of closing your trunk by touching the outside of the trunk, just use the handle.. I didn't realize it was such a nice feature till I was in Utah with an Impala rental and when I went to close the trunk, there was no handle and always got dirt/crap all over my hands when closing the trunk.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't understand that picture?

Larchmont, who can't make head or tail out of it.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
larchmont said:
Am I the only one who doesn't understand that picture?

Larchmont, who can't make head or tail out of it.
Pretend your trunk is open...and you're facing your trunk... Now kneel down...and look up at the back of your trunk-lid
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I should've said look at the back of your trunk lid :D
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
I guess I'll have to look at it in real life.

Larchmont, who wonders if you couldn't get your hand caught.

(I guarantee that I'm capable of it.) :D
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
larchmont said:
I guess I'll have to look at it in real life.

Larchmont, who wonders if you couldn't get your hand caught.

(I guarantee that I'm capable of it.) :D
Yeah...that crossed my mind at first too...but it doesn't take much force at all to close the trunk lid...
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Re-edit the image and circle the handle ... That way everyone will understand exactly where this handle is located.

BTW, even though other cars may not have handles, the panels on the boot is usually caved-in/hollow and would have sufficient space to close it from the inside without touching the outside.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
I wish there is a tools compartment on the back of the trunk like Bimmmers do.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
I wish there is a tools compartment on the back of the trunk like Bimmmers do.
Yes, I still remember that -- even though it's been 16 years since I had one! That was nice.
Someone will always say "big deal, you can get a tool kit for a few bucks." But that was nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
The only thing I wish the TSX had that all BMWs have (as an option)... full-size spare tire.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,352 Posts
Cool, I learned something today...I didn't realize it was there but I rarely put crap in my trunk but I will be putting crap back there tomorrow for a trip to the airport (going to Montreal/Quebec). :)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sjlee said:
The only thing I wish the TSX had that all BMWs have (as an option)... full-size spare tire.
only problem is there'll be added weight to the back :(

Ok...I'll circle the handle when I get home tonight...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
only problem is there'll be added weight to the back :(

Ok...I'll circle the handle when I get home tonight...
The additional weight to the back won't affect much (if anything).
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
I wonder if I can just take the spare out and NOT carry it.
And Acura Road Side Assistance can come with a spare in case I get s flat.
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
only problem is there'll be added weight to the back :(
No, that's good, not bad for reasons of weight distribution. (Some) BMWs also have the battery in the trunk, for the same reason!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bob shiftright said:
No, that's good, not bad for reasons of weight distribution. (Some) BMWs also have the battery in the trunk, for the same reason!
ah ha!! :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
robert_tsxgeek said:
I wonder if I can just take the spare out and NOT carry it.
And Acura Road Side Assistance can come with a spare in case I get s flat.
Why would you want to do that?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sjlee said:
Why would you want to do that?
especially if you're out in the middle of a desert...or in the woods...

I'll keep my spare thank you :nod:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top