Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'd been driving my Jeep for a couple of days... a couple folks have come look at it and I'm trying to sell it... so I just been driving it. Anyways, I drove my TSX to work and home yesterday.

I drove the hell out of it all the way, so much better than that ZJ. Anyways...

This morning I hopped in it, started it and was backing out of my space when I heard this grinding noise.

"What the **** is that?" I said, in mild hysteria.

I popped the hood and saw right away what it was.

First let me say that I have only opened my hood a few times since I bought the car 6 months ago. I check fluids occassionaly, but honestly I don't have time (or knowledge) to be playing around with that stuff... so I don't. I've noticed this thing before... but seriously, I thought it was part of my car.

However, I am 100% positive that a 18" long, forked tongue looking snap-on screwdriver should not be lying on the side of my engine bumping off of (and creating spaks) my goddamn fan belt.

I have no clue what to do. Christ, I could call the service department where I bought my car and say what "Hey, you left a screw driver in my car!" What would they do? It certainly doesn't look liek it damaged anything.. but I'm no expert. There are clear cuts in the "screwdriver" piece where this clearly isn't the first time it's made contact.

What can be done? Who do I call? What solutions can there be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, I'll give you that much... but this dealership is supossed to be 4star or whatever they call it. Leaving tools in the car.... wtf.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
first, before calling the dealership, i would try to go to their service department to see if they carry the same style tools.

take many pictures of how you found the screw driver in the engine bay.

then i would report it to the salesman who sold you the car. if he has any type of customer relations, he will compensate you with something, and/or fix any damage it may have done.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
larchmont said:
BTW.....does someone know where to find a picture of that RSX with the snake in it?
One Step Ahead of ya:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/carsnake.asp#photo

Yes, Take some pictures of the Screwdriver and the damage, then call the guy that sold u the car, just warning u, it might be a fight to get them to admit they f**ked up...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
post a pic of that screwdriver man....it'd speak a lot more that your trying to explain it...maybe it was left there from the Japan factory ??? let see the pic.

·
I see dead people
117 Posts
Damn, looks like you should be going back to the dealership screaming WTF, Maybe they will fix the damages and throw in free oil changes for life or something......

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bababoosky said:
Damn, looks like you should be going back to the dealership screaming WTF, Maybe they will fix the damages and throw in free oil changes for life or something......
I'll get photos tonight.

Do I really want them ever touching my car again though?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts

hmm...no idea what that's for...lol looks like a Fondue fork
What's you milage ?
What kind of services were done since you took delievery ?
Do you see any letters or marking on that tool ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
robert_tsxgeek said:

hmm...no idea what that's for...lol looks like a Fondue fork
What's you milage ?
What kind of services were done since you took delievery ?
Do you see any letters or marking on that tool ?
I'm at 7,000miles. I had the windshield noise looked at in November, and judging from the description from snap-on... that's when and where it came from.

Snap-on Tool.

Description:

Remove fasteners that secure door panels and trim pieces without damage to panel or trim. Soft grip handles with contour thumb stop. Distinct pivot point is designed for appropriate leverage and to discourage twisting that may damage panel or trim piece. Use on most domestic and import vehicles. Use on plastic fasteners with hole sizes smaller than 5/16" (8mm).

I can see them using it in some way for the windshield... I don't know though. That's the only thing I've had done to this car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Free tool . . .

I had a smaller one of those tools left in a car one time. There was no damage and I've found it to be very useful since then. If you didn't have any damage to the car, just add it to your tool box and let it go. I've heard of much worse stories, like leaving a wrench in the hood channel, and when the hood is shut, it pops a crease in it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts