Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 04 6sp.
I've been doing some research on a good combination of throttle bodies and intake manifolds and have come up with using a ZDX throttle body and an RRC intake manifold. The concern i have is the intake of the throttle body is 78mm ID so roughly 79-80mm OD. I already have a K&N CAI but im thinking it might be too small. I found intake couplers the mate 70mm to 80mm or whatever size you need but that kinda bottlenecks it.
Has anyone used this combination of TB and IM or have any suggestions on a CAI that is bigger and would fit.
Any info is appreciated.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
You will need to have a custom intake made. I am running the TL SH-AWD throttle body which is very similar as well and I had a custom 3.5in intake made for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to have a custom intake made. I am running the TL SH-AWD throttle body which is very similar as well and I had a custom 3.5in intake made for it.
What would be the price difference between getting a custom intake made vs buying a bigger intake from a different car.

I found an intake for an 09 tsx from K&N that its 82mm.
Im not 100% sure if it will fit in an 04. I dont know what the difference is under the hood

·
Registered
235 Posts
What would be the price difference between getting a custom intake made vs buying a bigger intake from a different car.

I found an intake for an 09 tsx from K&N that its 82mm.
Im not 100% sure if it will fit in an 04. I dont know what the difference is under the hood
since running the rrc the 09 intake wont work because of the location. you'll need an intake from an 09si if anything but just spend the money and have one made. it won't run you to much. maybe $350ish. thats what I had done for when I did the rbc swap.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
$350 for an intake!!?? If you aren't wanting to spend crazy money for a glorified tube check out airaid UBI tube. You can get it in almost any size and cut it to fit anything. Add a few couplers and other bits and you have a custom intake with almost any diameter for less than $150, possibly even less if u do it right.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That UBI kit looks pretty awesome, for 145 online that's alot cheaper than anything else and it will be totally custom, It doesn't look half bad either. One question, how would you connect the little tube that comes off of the intake with that kit?
Has anyone used this kit before?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have. I used a 3/8 fuel line connector from moroso but there are all kinds of differen connectors you can use.

I used the 3in tube and have the stock (07-08) 64mm TB.

Heres a few pics after.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
So what all is needed to use an OEM+ throttle body, ie the tl awd or zdx? I have a piece of 3.5" aluminum tu e wedged inside my stock first plastic tube with a k&n oval filter on the end, can't get much bigger then that...

Sent from my HTC Rezound on VZW 4G LTE

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
No it has a mass air flow sensor. Jegs carries everything you need and is the cheapest I could find on UBI

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
865-9712 VACUUM SENSOR ADAPTER KIT.

Its pricey for what it is, and your only going to use one piece of it, but it works like a champ with the UBI tube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
865-9712 VACUUM SENSOR ADAPTER KIT.

Its pricey for what it is, and your only going to use one piece of it, but it works like a champ with the UBI tube.
So i kinda just realized that i already have the grommet on my K&N kit. The fuel fitting is all i need
Did you notice a big difference after you installed the 3in cai?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
VTEC comes alive now! But i also have RBC, Weapon R header, custom magnaflow exhaust 50* VTC and Flashpro.

·
Tofu
74 Posts
Anyone consider porting the IM instead of adding the coupler/adapter? Just curious.

·
Tofu
74 Posts
Yes, I was referring to the P2R adapter and not needing it if the IM can be ported to 70mm. Does any one know the inner diameter of the Stock intake pipe after the air box that leads up to the TB? Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.