Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks cYn, This write up made it possible for me to replace my bulbs.. I just did it now, and I did disconnect the battery to play it safe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thanks cyn for this great write! love it man! big help! i was wondering how i was going to do it.

btw do know how i would get to the side light of the headlights like the "orange" part of the headlight or the "blue" part of the headlight. my bulb for that actually fall off and its inside the orange part of the headlight haha.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
3,260 Posts
thanks cyn for this great write! love it man! big help! i was wondering how i was going to do it.

btw do know how i would get to the side light of the headlights like the "orange" part of the headlight or the "blue" part of the headlight. my bulb for that actually fall off and its inside the orange part of the headlight haha.
Euro Headlights? You can buy the replicas or the real JDM headlights.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I got the jdm headlights but my question is how can get to the side bulbs for it? Like the "side light" the blue one? Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You can access it if you have small enough hands. If you struggle with changing d2s bulbs, then changing side markers might be impossible due to very tight spaces.

To change side markers, just turn the socket and pull out. If you have a bulb that fell in there, then I really think you need to take out the headlight because it's hard enough just removing the socket

·
Registered
125 Posts
Stupid question, after swapping the bulbs, should I re-aim the headlight?

Just put in some 6000K DDM tuning D2S bulbs and my cut off isn't align nicely at all. There is a straight line but there so many hot spots.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts

Just put in some 6000K DDM tuning D2S bulbs and my cut off isn't align nicely at all. There is a straight line but there so many hot spots.
Wouldnt hurt then I guess.

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I get the same issue, but this is on my JDM headlight. My cut off would almost always be off after changing bulbs. I just adjust it afterwards.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I get the same issue, but this is on my JDM headlight. My cut off would almost always be off after changing bulbs. I just adjust it afterwards.

I put the oem bulbs back on and the cut off is back to it's sharp look. I guess it was just the crappy DDM tuning bulbs, I swear nowadays with DDM tuning you never know what kind of bulbs you'll be getting.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,287 Posts
I put the oem bulbs back on and the cut off is back to it's sharp look. I guess it was just the crappy DDM tuning bulbs, I swear nowadays with DDM tuning you never know what kind of bulbs you'll be getting.
DDM tuning is garbage.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Ordered a set of 6K Morimotto Bulbs from TRS, hopefully those will be a better set than the DDM tuning bulbs.
I am currently running 5000k Morimotos and they aren't too bad :tu2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Osram d2s

Phillips are weak compare to osram d2s bulbs!!!!!!!! I got fillps from trs and i regret it, my old osram whch came with the car would blind you and from a distance they have a pure white with a pinkish hue thats ****ing sick!!!!!!!!! Great choice even for a millionaire!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
So I tried using like a mini flat head screwdriver, a t20 torx bit and the damn screw wouldnt come off. Then I noticed that there is like a metal pin that is blocking the torx bit from letting me get it off. How do I take the screw off?
I was getting ready to do the replacement this past weekend and noticed that my 2004 uses a "tamper proof" T20 Torx screw. I didn't try a flathead screwdriver. I ordered a tamper proof Torx socket. Always fun to buy a new tool....

·
Registered
312 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong... but,

All you need to buy is a D2S bulb right ? you dont need the hold kit with ballast+bulb.

and i actually had DDM Tuning HID headlights (H1) and HID fogs (H3) in the past for my prelude, they actually worked wonders. maybe DDM just sucks at D2S haha

·
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
correct me if i'm wrong... but,

All you need to buy is a D2S bulb right ? you dont need the hold kit with ballast+bulb.

and i actually had DDM Tuning HID headlights (H1) and HID fogs (H3) in the past for my prelude, they actually worked wonders. maybe DDM just sucks at D2S haha
If you want to just replace the bulb, then that's all you need, a D2S bulb.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What bulbs are preferred? I saw some OSRAM available but priced around $140 for 2, I'd be willing to pay extra if there is a big difference in quality compared to cheaper brands.

My drivers side light is noticeably more yellowish in color then passenger side, might have been replaced by a previous owner or is just aged.....it's annoying to see lol.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts